Friday, November 27, 2009

Close-Up!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the holiday delay, but I figured most wouldn't check this during Thanksgiving anyway.
Since today is our last post (eek!), I'm just going to recap what we've basically covered over the past four weeks. Thanks for sticking by this silly little blog!
I guess my overall point is that fluoride should not be pumped into public water systems because of the nature of its toxicology. The physical health detriments, mental health detriments, and the potential to create cancer all outweigh the sometimes disproven benefit of stronger teeth. Everyone is exposed to fluoride through water, food, work, inhalation, medicines, and dentistry, and the comprehensive magnitude of exposure will never be fully discovered. Your mouth is damaged by fluoride's dangerous results of mottling and fluorosis. Your bones accumulate most of the fluoride intake and become brittle. Your mind is heavily impacted by fluoride, manifesting itself in cognitive disabilities and thyroid problems. Lastly, your ENTIRE BODY becomes influenced by the presence of this neurotoxic chemical from the lungs, to the gastrointestinal tract, to the reproductive system, to the renal system, all the way down to a cellular level; cancer is strongly tied to the presence of fluoride as well.
So if you ask me, I'm not a big fluoride fan. But it's really up to you how you feel, I'm just presenting the info.
Thanks for tuning for my senior project :)
ride against the fluo,
natalie

3 comments:

  1. i have thoroughly enjoyed this blog. thanks for presenting this information to all of us, baring in mind that we would probably would not recieve this information from any other source....especially a "government source..hmmm. but thanks a lot, wonderful job, and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with petah!! this blog has been phenomenal! (sp?) congrats on sticking with it and finishing it! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Fan....of fluoride :)November 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM

    First and foremost, I admire your ability to stick this process out and see it through to the end. I know that as the semester comes to a close, things get a bit crazy and having to do something in your "free time" becomes a little less fun. Your committment is comendable and for that GREAT JOB!

    We all know that you and I do not exactly see eye to eye on this issue but whether you want to believe it or not, this has actually helped me be exposed to information that is available publicly that my patients will undoubtedly find and bring to my office. The research you came up with looks legitimate on the surface and therefore very believable and in fact, some of it could be true. It is in fact a scary proposistion that something that is so widely used like fluoride could have such overwhelming devastating side effects. Could all of this be true?

    For me, I do not put much credence in it based on its overwhelming positives in terms of dental use. This blog is certainly bucking the mainstream and well researched thought processes but I will say most new good ideas come from disproving widely accepted theories and applications.

    I know I am getting a bit abstract but the bottom line is that you have learned to be skeptical and investigative-two qualities that might not always make life fun but it will always make it fulfilling. You have a very bright future ahead of you and I would hope that you would continue to be a practical skeptic in all that you do-and by that, I mean, you coming to dental school after college :)

    It has been wonderful to read your thoughts and I wish you much luck and success as the year comes to an end :)

    ReplyDelete